We collect personal data for many reasons, including to provide you with services, communicate with you and send you information you have requested. The primary lawful basis for this is consent and legitimate interest where necessary. Depending on how you interact with us, we may process data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with advice, support or legal services that you have requested or been referred to
- to administer services CCC is providing to you
- to communicate with you regarding CCC’s work
- to provide you with information about and to administer events,
- for our own internal administrative purposes, and to keep records of your relationship with us
- to manage your communication preferences
- to process volunteer placements
- to conduct surveys, research and gather feedback
- to obtain information to improve CCC’s services and user experiences
- to address and resolve complaints about CCC and our services
- to comply with our contractual obligations to our funders
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and requests from statutory agencies.
Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect some or all of the following information:
- your full name and date of birth
- contact details – including a postal address, telephone number(s), and email address
- National Insurance number
- details of your case when providing you with housing, health, or employment advice or services
- information you may enter on the CCC website
- photographs, video or audio recordings
- biographical information
- other information you share with us
- records of your correspondence and engagement with us
- your bank details.
This information may be collected via:
- any paper forms you complete
- telephone, webchat or email conversations, or face-to-face interactions
- publicly available sources
- digital forms completed via our website, or online surveys
- third-party companies and websites
- communication via social media.
We sometimes may also need to collect sensitive, personal data about individuals. This includes information about health and ethnicity. We will normally only record this data where we have your explicit consent, unless we are permitted to do so in other circumstances under data protection law. Your data will be kept for no longer than is necessary, up to a maximum of 7 years. You have the right to access or correct any identifiable information we hold on you. You also have the right to withdraw your consent for our data processing, or to have any identifiable information we hold erased or transferred. For all data access, rectification, erasure, and portability requests, please write to email@example.com You may also lodge a complain with the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.